There are three “lands” mentioned in the Old Testament. They are “types” or “shadows” of what Christians can experience today. The Israelites were slaves four hundred years in the land of Egypt. This was the land of “Not Enough.” If you are broke or in debt, you are in the land of “Not Enough.”
Moses led the Israelites out of Egypt into the wilderness where they gathered just enough manna to eat each day. God tested the Israelites in the wilderness to see if they would trust and obey Him? This was the land of “Just Enough.” If you are living from paycheck to paycheck, barely getting by or not seeing your dreams fulfilled, you are in the land of “Just Enough.”
Except for Joshua and Caleb, all the Israelites twenty and above failed to enter the Promised Land because of disobedience and unbelief. The second generation of Israelites passed their test of submission to God’s will and entered the Promised Land. This was a land of “More than Enough,” where God’s blessings flowed.
God wants to bring you into your wealthy place, a land of “More than Enough,” where you experience the abundant life, the good life. It is a land of peace, joy, love, wisdom and glorious success. Where your feet are bathed in the butter of God’s anointing, causing things that were difficult to become easy. It is where you have nothing missing, nothing broken. A land of no sickness or disease and where the curse of lack is far, far away. It is a land where your youth is renewed like the eagle’s and your days on earth are as days in heaven, where your dreams can come true.
Let’s look at God’s requirements for entering this glorious land of “More than Enough” so you can begin your journey:
1. Salvation – You must be saved by receiving Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. God is to be number one in your life. Your life must revolve around Him and not you. As you do this, the glorious destiny He has for your life will begin to unfold, ushering you into your wealthy place. “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved” (Romans 10:9). And, “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you” (Matthew 6:33).
2. Love – You must love God more than anyone or anything. You are to love and respect yourself as a son or daughter of God. You are to love others as your own self. This will happen as you spend time in His Word and diligently seek to know Him intimately. “And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might” (Deuteronomy 6:5).
3. Obedience – You must consistently read and obey His Word. That means you must obey His Word in all things including the giving of your tithes (10% of your income) and offerings. You have been bought with a price. Everything you have belongs to God. You are to be a faithful steward of what He has allowed you to manage. He only asks for a portion of what He has given you to watch over. Malachi 3:8 says you are robbing God if you fail to give Him what is rightfully His, tithes and offerings.
But you might say that the Law did away with tithes and offerings. No, as written in Genesis 14:20, Abraham gave tithes before the Law was introduced. Giving is a major key to fulfilling your ordained destiny and experiencing the God kind of wealth. Instead of working for a living, you give for a living. The world’s financial system is failing, God’s financial system is booming. His Word is His will for your life. “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth” (2 Timothy 2:15).
4. Sower – You must be a consistent sower. That means you expect a harvest on your financial seed you sow consistently. Your tithe (10% of your income) takes care of the operating expenses of the local church you attend and you reap a harvest of the basic necessities being met for your home. Your offering, which is above the tithe, is what you name and plant for additional things you desire in your life.
Example: Let’s say you desire a financial breakthrough. You plant a financial seed (offering) in a ministry that is doing the will of God; souls are being saved, people are being healed, churches are being planted etc. It could be your own church. You name your financial seed “Financial Breakthrough.” Then like any good farmer, you patiently expect your harvest to come in. Simple, profound and it works. Why? There is power in a financial seed sown in faith.
This sowing and reaping system will work for losing weight, healing, peace, joy, wisdom or anything else you might desire that is in line with God’s Word. “Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom” (Luke 6:38).
5. Holiness – You must live a holy life. 1 Peter 1:16 says, “Be ye holy; for I am holy.” That means no more living in sin. No more living in unforgiveness, grumbling and complaining, hate, lust, adultery, fornication, idolatry, greed, lying, stealing or any other unholy thing. Apostle Paul warns in Galatians 5:21 that the unrepentant Christian will not inherit the kingdom of God, he will lose his salvation and spend eternity in the lake of fire.
If the rapture (1 Thessalonians 4:17) took place today and you were living in unrepentant sin, you would be left behind to experience the horrible seven year tribulation. Worse yet, if you died today living in your unrepentant sin, you would go to hell. Repent, turn away from any sin and seek God. “Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect” (John 5:48).
6. Faith – You must live by faith and not by sight. Faith is the key that unlocks heaven’s vault of blessings. “Now the just shall live by faith” (Hebrews 10:38a).
Closing Words – Fulfilling the five steps listed above should help you pass God’s ordained “wilderness” test to usher you into the land of “More than Enough.”
May God bless you as you begin your journey into the land of “More than Enough.”
Financial three step plans, money making formulas and sowing and reaping scriptures can all be well and good, but if you have a poverty stronghold lodged and hidden in your mind, you may never enter your earthly wealthy place. If you feel you might have a poverty mental stronghold keeping you from your wealthy place and you want to be set free, then click on “Free from a Poverty Mental Stronghold” below.
Jesus said, “If ye love me, keep my commandments.” We are commanded by Him in Mark 16:15 to witness to the lost. Please don’t be a disobedient Christian and lose your soul winner’s crown awaiting you in heaven. Click “Soul Winner’s Crown” below to receive free online teaching on how to be a successful soul winner for God.